Top 10 Reasons Why I Love Book Club
Book Club is the BEST. THING. EVER.
I love to read, so getting me to read the books is nothing. The other benefits I get out of book club are just so awesome, I can’t even begin to count them. Or maybe I can.
Top Ten Reasons Why I Love Book Club
- It forces me to clean my house when it’s my turn to host.
- My turn to host is only once a year.
- I get to talk to other smart moms about something other than our children.
- I talk from the smartest parts of my brain, and out of the dumbest parts of my ass all in the same night.
- No one is judged.
- I cook fun snacks for book club girls while feeding my own family TV dinners.
- After hosting, when everyone leaves, I have great leftovers and extra bottles of wine. Plus a clean house. Score!
- My husband puts the kids to bed.
- I stay up past 10PM.
- I end the night inspired. Not by unknown authors or famous people. But by my friends. Man, I have smart friends.
If you love to read and are not part of a book club, find one. If you can’t, come to mine.
If you don’t like to read, give it a try. It is nothing like it was in middle or high school. Trust me. I was a middle and high school English teacher. Book club and English class are two totally different species.
If you’re lucky, you may find a book club full of wonderful people who still let you show up even when you haven’t read the book.